On August 9th Adobe released Magento 2.4.5 for general availability.
Featuring 290 quality fixes and enhancements. Adobe have continued to focus on performance, security, and the quality of platform experience.
The release is great news for all proving Adobe’s continued support and dedication to the platform.
One important note: Magento 2.3 will reach End-Of-Life in September this year.
If you are still running 2.3 it is always recommended to upgrade and benefit from the latest security and performance advantages of the current version.
Magento 2.4.5 highlights
- 20+ security enhancements
- Google Tag module has been added to the code base for all merchants to support Google Analytics 4.
- Apple Pay is available to all merchants
- Compatibility with Page Builder v.1.7.2 and PWA Studio v.12.5.x.
- More than 290 quality fixes and enhancements
- Improved GraphQL API
This release included 20 security fix and platform security improvements.
This security fix has been backported to Magento Open Source 2.4.4-p1 and Magento Open Source 2.3.7-p4.
As with previous improvements Adobe have fixed security issues before any reported attacks have occurred.
Additional security enhancements
Further security enhancement to improve compliance with latest best practices:
- reCAPTCHA support has been added to the Wish List Sharing, Create New Customer Account, and Gift Card forms.
- ACL resources have been added to Inventory.
- Inventory template security has been enhanced.
MaliciousCodefilter has been upgraded to use the
Magento Open Source 2.4.5 now supports
- Composer 2.2
- jQueryUI (1.13.1)
PHPStan(^1.5.7 with constraint) GitHub-35315
Further performance enhancements have been implemented.
- Redis cache management has been improved by the addition of TTL (expiration date) for the associated products to configurable products.
- Load time of category product list (category pages) has been improved
- Overall reduction in indexing time
Google has updated the tracking and integration mechanisms of AdWords and Analytics in web applications through integration with GTag.
Adobe Commerce has a set of built-in modules including Google AdWords, Analytics, Optimizer, and TagManager that leverage the former API for integration with Google services.
This release has continued to improve the Magento platform.
Improvements in performance, security and the overall user experience.
As always there have been many fixes and smaller improvements which can all be found at the official Magento release here.
As always we recommend contacting your developers to discuss updating your site.