Magento bug work around : street address must be equal to or greater than x characters
184.108.40.206 has a whole range of bugs and irritations for early adopters. From changes to the templates, changes to pear. To add to the mix there is the check out error bug that throws the error “street address must be equal to or greater than x characters”. This happens if a returning customer is attempting to ship to an existing address. They are forced to enter a new address even if it is identical to the existing address.
The work around is in the backend
System>Configuration>Customers>Customer Configuration>Name and Address Options
look for Number of Lines in a Street Address
clear this (will probably show a 2) and save
This should now have fixed the problem
- Magento hint : css / js / javascritp files trying to show as absolute server paths
- Paypal payments received but not showing in Magento backend.
- Correct out dated pear version while installing magento 1.4.2 ( 1.7.1 / 1.9.1 )
- Gmail google apps POP: Username password not accepted
- Magento tip : How to hide shopping cart sidebar when it is empty
- Notes on Magento benchmarking..
- Magetno fix : Cant add products to admin create order
- Magento fix : Invalid method Mage_Wishlist_Model_Item::canConfigure(Array
- Create a multi-store setup in Magento
- Magento fix: Fatal error: Method Varien_Object::__tostring() cannot take arguments in /magento/lib/Varien/Object.php
- Magento fix : Local file doesn’t exist
- Magento tip: after upgrade prices on product page simple product are gone……
- Add attribute to Grid or List view
- Magento tip : add Google Checkout button to side bar shopping cart
- Magento Tip: Add simple product url to grouped product items