Magento tip: How to change default grid / list sort order and what is Best Value anyway?
We it turns out that there is nothing really clever about how Magento decides what is best value or not.. how clever would it be if it could? Instead you need to tell your store what you think is best value.. ie another selling tool.. this is after all why you are using Magento..
To do this select a category and chose Category products. you will see a final row probably numbered as 1 if you have not made any changes. Alter these to apply a best value order. See fig 1.
If you wish to change the default search option you can make these changes in Catalog>Manage Categories>choose your category>Display settings> default product listing sort by and choose from available list. See fig 2.
You can also set the global preference in System>Settings>Catalog>Frontend>Product listing sort by
If you want to create your own sort by list you can do this using attributes.. When creating an attributes look for “Used for sorting in product listing” and set to yes. This will allow users to sort by this option.
Be careful…There seems to be a bug at present that makes these attributes available even after they have been deleted..
- Change Check to Cheque / Money order to Postal order in Magento
- Change number of columns displayed in Magneto search results (modern theme)
- How to create a Random Featured Product list on home page in Magento
- Change Payment method titles in magento
- Magento Extension Highlight : Remerce Product Question
- Notes on Magento benchmarking..
- Magetno fix : Cant add products to admin create order
- Magento fix : Invalid method Mage_Wishlist_Model_Item::canConfigure(Array
- Create a multi-store setup in Magento
- Magento fix: Fatal error: Method Varien_Object::__tostring() cannot take arguments in /magento/lib/Varien/Object.php
- Magento fix : Local file doesn’t exist
- Magento tip: after upgrade prices on product page simple product are gone……
- Add attribute to Grid or List view
- Magento tip : add Google Checkout button to side bar shopping cart
- Magento Tip: Add simple product url to grouped product items